Cortana Data Chip and Display Stand
I get asked to make more cortana chips from time to time, but the partnership that allowed me sell resin casted props is long over. I have been wanting to redesign as a display piece using a more modern neopixel lighting for the animations.
Old project thread: https://www.405th.com/forums/threads/keep-your-head-down-theres-two-of-us-in-here-now.27623/
Kits for sale: https://www.etsy.com/shop/WestabyElectronics
- No battery, the base is powered by a usb cable
- The base houses the electronics, the data chip only contains the USB connector and neopixel.
- Make closer to actual size. The previous ones were around 200% to make easier to handle by gloved hands while cosplaying.
- Adafruit trinket https://amzn.to/2SXYDr3
- Neopixel jewel https://amzn.to/3gKQ6ko
- Pushbutton https://amzn.to/3x0Akra
- USB Connectors https://amzn.to/3qiJgWt
- Silver PLA Filament https://amzn.to/3vN5HnV
- Gray Glitter PLA Filament https://amzn.to/3d2W3ab
- Transparent PLA Filament https://amzn.to/3xEOMFm
The Cortana Data Chip’s 3D model was designed by Dylan Powell. I modified the Halo Cortana Chip to fit the neopixel jewel and usb plug. Model is prescaled to 125%. Download: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4891701
I printed the Data Chip with 0.20 layer height as a color change job at 2.80mm. Dark grey and then Silver.
I modeled the base to look similar to Master Chief‘s helmet AI chip port. Houses the trinket, button, and usb. No download yet. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Assembly and Wiring:
- Trinket #0 to Neopixel Data In
- Trinket #1 to Button LED
- Trinket #2 to Button Switch
The code was based on an adafruit example for the trinket. I wrote about 10 animations, inspired by my previous energy sword builds.